Learn everything you need to know about Australia Student Visa and get end to end expert guidance from us.
Turn your Study Abroad Dream to Degrees Abroad in Australia
Australia Student Visa for Bangladeshi Students
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on Australian student visas for Bangladeshi students. Australia is a top-tier destination for international students seeking quality education and diverse cultural experiences abroad. The country's universities, cutting-edge research facilities, and lifestyle attract students from all corners of the globe, including Bangladesh. To pursue higher education in Australia, securing a student visa is imperative for foreign nationals. This guide aims to provide you with essential information about the process of obtaining a student visa in Australia, ensuring that your dreams of studying abroad become a reality.
Realising your dream of studying in Australia is more than just choosing a university and course. It is also about understanding the intricacies of a student visa in Australia. As a Bangladeshi student, gaining this understanding might seem daunting, but every step becomes straightforward with our guidance.
Latest Updates on Australian Student Visa for Bangladeshi Students
The Government of Australia has extended post-study work durations for foreign graduates. This extension aims to contribute to alleviating skill shortages. From July 01, 2023, foreign graduates in Australia will enjoy two more years of PSW visas. A compilation of qualified occupations and acceptable credentials is now available, with a focus on fields such as health, teaching, engineering, and agriculture.
The current durations for each tier of education are as follows:
- The duration for select bachelor’s degrees will extend from two years to four years.
- The duration for certain master’s degrees will go up from three years to five years.
- All doctoral degree holders can work for six years in Australia instead of four years.
Moreover, the maximum permissible work hours for international students is now 48 hours a fortnight instead of the earlier 40 hours.
Types of Australian Student Visa
There are several types of Australian student visas and training visas available to foreign nationals, including Bangladeshis. Each visa caters to specific educational needs and circumstances. As it is the gateway to your educational journey in Australia, understanding every student visa is a good idea. Here is a breakdown of student visas in Australia to help you decide which one suits your educational aspirations.
Type of Study Visas
Duration to Stay
For those who want to undertake a full-time program registered on CRICOS (the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and courses for Overseas Students).
Up to 5 years
Subclass 590 Student Guardian visa
For those who want to come to Australia to provide a student studying in the country with support and care or undertake a three-month-long course.
Until the student completes the course
Training Visa 407
To participate in on-the-job training to enhance your skills in your current occupation.
Up to 2 years
How Much Does an Australian Student Visa Cost for Bangladeshi Students?
The cost of an Australian student visa varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for. Different student visas in Australia have distinct cost structures. It is crucial to be aware of these variations before initiating the application process. Let us demystify the expenses with a table.
Type of Visas
Average Fee (in AUD)
When considering the Australian student visa fee for Bangladeshis, be ready to cover the relevant charges associated with your desired subclass. These fees contribute to the processing and evaluation of your application. Furthermore, keep in mind that the expenses are not limited to just the application fees; there might be other costs to fulfil specific requirements, like biometric verification and health checks.
To ensure a seamless application process, make sure to pay all necessary charges promptly. By doing so, you increase your chances of a favourable result in obtaining your Australian student visa, allowing you to pursue higher education in this vibrant and welcoming country.
Australia Student Visa Requirements
Qualifying for an Australian student visa involves meeting specific requirements, which differ between multiple visa subclasses. While the exact Australian student visa requirements for Bangladeshi citizens or others may differ, there are common factors that applicants must address. Here are the requirements for a Student Visa (Subclass 500):
- Be at least 6 years old. The specific age requirement depends on the level of study you want to undertake in Australia.
- Enrolment in a full-time program registered on CRICOS and proof of the enrolment thereof.
- If you are yet to turn 18, adequate welfare arrangements are a must-have for you in Australia.
- The Genuine Temporary Entrant criterion to substantiate that you plan on studying in Australia. The requirement applies to you even if you want to stay back and pursue a skilled visa-based job in Australia.
- You must present proof of your skills in English when applying for the visa.
- Financial capability to cover expenses like your course fees, living costs, and return travel.
- Health and character requirements, including valid health insurance coverage.
- Lack of outstanding debts to the Australian government.
- Minimum age requirements, in accordance with your visa subclass.
- Sign the Australian Values Statement.
It is crucial to thoroughly understand and fulfil all Australian student visa requirements for Bangladeshi citizens, as non-compliance is likely to cause application delays or rejections. By meticulously meeting all the requirements, you enhance your chances of a successful Australian student visa outcome, paving the way for a rewarding educational experience down under.
English Proficiency Tests for Australia Student Visa
Being proficient in English is crucial for your Australian educational journey. Why? Because meeting the English language requirements is a pivotal aspect of qualifying for an Australian student visa. While these requirements vary across different visa subclasses, common criteria exist that applicants must satisfy. Here are the levels of English proficiency that you must have under each subclass, with the IELTS as an example.
Level of study
English skill level
It is important to note that the test results or scores must be from within two years of applying for the visa. Further, demonstrating English proficiency is possible through tests like the IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge English Advanced, PTE Academic, or Occupational English Test. The Department of Home Affairs approves these tests as valid pieces of evidence for language skills. The above table only contains the specific IELTS scores necessary for a subclass 500 visa in Australia. Please contact an AECC counsellor for a more comprehensive list of requirements.
Which Documents Are Required for Australia Student Visa?
Applying for an Australian Student Visa entails fulfilling specific documentation requirements. These requirements may vary based on the type of visa you're applying for, but there are common documents that applicants generally need to provide. Here are some of the common documentation criteria for a student visa in Australia:
- Passport and visa application form
- Passport-size photographs
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Financial proof and academic transcripts
- English proficiency test results
- Health and character assessments
- Health insurance proof
- Evidence of ties to your home country
- Any other documentation specific to the visa subclass
It is essential to ensure that all documents are genuine, complete, and accurate. Meeting these requirements significantly increases your chances of obtaining an Australian student visa and embarking on an enriching educational journey down under.
How to Apply for Your Australia Student Visa Online?
The digital age makes it simpler for students to apply for their student visa in Australia. Using the Department of Home Affairs’ online application system, IMMI, students can submit their applications, pay visa fees, and even track their application status. However, choosing an educational counsellor for your Australian student visa application makes more sense than navigating the process on your own. Counsellors possess enough knowledge to ensure a seamless application that meets all the requirements. Their guidance enhances your chances of a successful application, providing peace of mind throughout the process and time to prepare for the other aspects of your study in Australia journey.
How to Apply for a Student Visa for Australia?
Applying for an Australian Student Visa is a crucial process that requires careful attention. Following the step-by-step procedure ensures a smooth journey towards your education down under. These steps guide you through the necessary requirements, helping you prepare documents and complete forms accurately. By adhering to this methodical approach, you demonstrate your genuine intent to study in Australia, giving you the best chance for a successful outcome. Remember, each step plays a vital role in the overall process, making sure you're well-prepared to embark on your educational adventure in Australia.
- Choose your course and university: Determine a suitable educational program and institution in Australia that aligns with your academic and career goals.
- Receive your Confirmation of Enrolment: If it accepts you for the program, the educational institution provides a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), a crucial document verifying your admission.
- Gather all necessary documents: Collect essential documents, including your passport, CoE, financial statements, English language test scores, health insurance, and character certificates.
- Complete the Australian student visa application form: Fill out the form with personal details, intended study, and other pertinent information.
- Pay the visa application fee: Do it as per the guidelines of the Department of Home Affairs.
- Attend a visa interview: If necessary, attend the interview at your local Australian embassy or consulate, addressing any additional queries about your application.
- Await the visa decision: After applying, patiently wait for the visa decision. Keep track of your application status and any further requests from the immigration authorities.
Processing Time for an Australian Student Visa
Australian student visa processing times for Bangladeshis and other foreign nationals can vary depending on multiple factors, like the type of visa, to name one. The Department of Home Affairs processes some visa applications more swiftly than others due to certain circumstances. To have a general idea of Australian student visa processing times for Bangladeshis for various visa subclasses, please refer to the accompanying table for the approximate timeframes. Keep in mind that these are subject to change and only serve as a rough guideline while planning your application and travel arrangements.
50% of Applications Finalised Within
75% of Applications Finalised Within
90% of Applications Finalised Within
How to Write an SOP for Australia Student Visa?
Crafting a compelling Statement of Purpose (SOP) is paramount for gaining entry into an Australian university. Your SOP showcases your motivations, goals, and unique qualities, helping admissions understand your suitability for the chosen course. A well-crafted SOP not only highlights your academic aspirations but also demonstrates your commitment and potential contribution to the university community. Here is how you can craft a compelling SOP:
- Clear Intent and Goals: Clearly express your academic intentions and career aspirations, outlining how your desired course aligns with your future plans.
- Personal Experiences: Share relevant personal experiences that inspire your academic journey, demonstrating your genuine passion and commitment.
- Course Relevance: Explain why you have chosen the specific course and how it will contribute to your academic and professional growth.
- University Fit: Explain why you want to study at that particular Australian university, emphasising its unique offerings, faculty expertise, and campus resources.
- Research Efforts: Showcase your research on the university and course, indicating your understanding of the program's structure, modules, and potential opportunities.
- Past Achievements: Highlight academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and projects that demonstrate your capabilities and potential contributions.
- Career Impact: Illustrate how the course will enhance your skills, making you an asset in your future career field.
- Cultural Adaptability: Discuss your ability to adapt to a new cultural environment, highlighting any previous international experiences.
- Language Proficiency: Emphasise your English language skills and any relevant language certifications, ensuring your readiness for academic success.
- Positive Conclusion: Sum up with a positive note, expressing enthusiasm for studying in Australia and contributing to both the university and the country.
Australian Student Visa Rejection
Australian student visa rejections can occur due to various reasons. The common reasons for rejection include incomplete or inaccurate documentation, insufficient financial proof, inadequate English language proficiency, doubts about genuine intent, and failure to meet health and character requirements. Understanding the reasons empowers you to address potential issues proactively and make necessary improvements before reapplying.
Once you comprehend the reasons for visa rejection, take strategic actions to rectify the shortcomings. This may involve updating your documentation, retaking language tests to achieve better scores, addressing financial discrepancies, or providing additional information to prove your sincerity in pursuing studies in Australia. Moreover, seeking guidance from educational counsellors or visa consultants can provide valuable insights and assistance in addressing these issues. Their expertise can help you navigate through the complexities of the application process and ensure that your subsequent application is comprehensive and compelling.
Renewal of an Australian Student Visa
Applying for a new visa after the expiration of an Australian student visa is a situation that demands careful consideration. While not all circumstances necessitate a new visa to continue studying in Australia, the need for one depends on individual situations. For instance, if your student visa expires shortly before your graduation date, you will probably have to apply for a subclass 600 visitor visa. In this case, you will require a letter from your university or educational institution that states your graduation date.
It is crucial to research and understand your specific circumstances and visa options. Seeking advice from educational counsellors or visa consultants can provide valuable guidance tailored to your situation. By adhering to the appropriate steps and meeting the requirements, you can secure the necessary visa to continue your academic pursuits in Australia seamlessly.
How Can AECC Help in Your Visa Application?
Embarking on your study journey overseas might seem complex, but AECC is here to make it seamless. From course selection to Australian student visa requirements for Bangladeshi citizens, we provide personalised support, ensuring your dream turns into a reality.